From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
Gineipaedia's policy defines the best practices for creating and editing articles on Gineipaedia. It covers almost all aspects of wiki maintenance, from what articles are OK to create, to how articles should be structured, to what sort of spelling rules should be followed, to the procedures for deleting articles. It also codifies a 'canon' (what material is accepted as 'true') and provides guidelines for what perspectives articles should be written from.
Gineipaedia's basic policies, in terms of the goals of the site and how it should present itself, are modelled after Memory Alpha's. Generally speaking, the main goal of Gineipaedia is to be an encyclopaedic resource for all things related to LOGH. Unlike several other Internet LOGH resources, this wiki is not intended for analysis, reviews, fan creations, or speculation — like Memory Alpha, we strive to be a structured, organised, matter-of-fact collection of all information related to the LOGH series.
The two most important guidelines to remember, in writing for Gineipaedia, are:
- Always use an encyclopaedic tone.
- Always cite sources.
Specific policies and guidelines
For detailed write-ups of the Gineipaedia's specific policies and guidelines, please refer to the following pages:
- Manual of Style — The Manual of Style is a set of rules related to the stylistic construction of articles, including section structure and spelling and grammar rules.
- Canon — The Canon Policy contains Gineipaedia's official stance on what material is considered canon for the purposes of this site.
- Perspective — The Perspective page contains guidelines for approaching articles from the correct perspective. It covers tone, tense, and the concepts of 'in-universe' and 'real-life' articles.
- Images — The Images page contains guidelines for uploading and making use of images, as well as information about image ownership and licensing.
- Sections — The Sections page contains information regarding the standard ordering and purpose of various sections within articles.