The Actress Exits (episode)
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
|'The Actress Exits'|
|LOGH: series 1, episode 11|
|796 UC (487 IC / 3596 CE)|
|←||11th of 110 released in LOGH||→|
|←||12th of 189 released in all||→|
The Actress Exits (Japanese: 女優退場) is the 11th episode of the Legend of Galactic Heroes OVA.
Sussanna von Beenemünde, a former consort of the Kaiser Friedrich IV, driven mad by loneliness and forsaken love, determines to murder the Kaiser's current favourite concubine, Annerose von Grunewald, in the hope that it will return her to Friedrich IV's favour. She conspires with Baron Flegel, who hopes to use a scandal involving Annerose to remove her brother, Reinhard von Lohengramm from power. Flegel and Beenemünde intend to abduct and murder Annerose, and to place her body with that of a similarly-killed commoner, framing the scene as though it was a lover's suicide. Annerose is successfully abducted, but quickly rescued by her brother's subordinate admirals: Siegfried Kircheis, along with Oskar von Reuenthal, Wolfgang Mittermeyer and Paul von Oberstein.
With her conspiracy unravelled and her schemes exposed, Sussanna von Beenemünde is offered the option of suicide via poison in lieu of execution; however, she tries to resist and is ultimately forced to consume the poison. The treacherous Baron Flegel, however, was able to conceal his involvement in the affair and escape unpunished. Although both Reinhard von Lohengramm and Paul von Oberstein suspected Flegel's involvement in the crime, they lacked the proof necessary to convict him.
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Symphony No. 7 in A major (Op. 92): I. Poco sostenuto - Vivace (00:01:31)
- Gustav Mahler – Symphony No. 3: V. Lustig im Tempo und keck im Ausdruck (00:02:38)
- Richard Wagner – Siegfried Idyll (WWV 103) (00:06:18)
- Antonín Dvořák – Othello Overture (Op. 93/B. 174) (00:08:32)
- Gustav Mahler – Symphony No. 7: I. Langsam - Allegro risoluto, ma non troppo (00:13:42)
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Symphony No. 3 in E flat major, 'Eroica' (Op. 55): II. Marcia funebre: Adagio assai (00:18:49)
- Horikawa Ryō as Reinhard von Lohengramm
- Hironaka Masashi as Siegfried Kircheis
- Han Keiko as Annerose von Grünewald
- Shiozawa Kaneto as Paul von Oberstein
- Wakamoto Norio as Oskar von Reuenthal
- Mori Katsuji as Wolfgang Mittermeyer
- Saka Osamu as Friedrich IV
- Miyauchi Kōhei as Klaus von Lichtenlade
- Futamata Issei as Flegel
- Satō Masaharu as Ehrenberg
- Akimoto Yōsuke, Nakano Seiko
- Fujita Toshiko as Sussanna von Beenemünde
- Yara Yūsaku as Narrator
- Screenplay: Toda Hiroshi
- Storyboard: Ishiguro Noboru
- Episode director: Ōzeki Masayuki
- Animation director: Kinoshita Yūki
- Marquise Beenemünde's plot and her downfall is actually based on the events of the sixth chapter of the Gaiden (side story) novel Star Crusher and not from the main novel series. In the novel, her plot took place in May 795 UC (486 IC / 3595 CE) and not the latter half of 796 UC (487 IC / 3596 CE) as depicted in this episode.
|Legend of Galactic Heroes (OVA)
'Invasion of the Imperial Territory'