The Day Before Destiny (episode)
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
|'The Day Before Destiny'|
|LOGH: series 1, episode 25|
|September 797 UC (488 IC / 3597 CE)|
|←||25th of 110 released in LOGH||→|
|←||26th of 165 released in all||→|
The Day Before Destiny (Japanese: 運命の前日) is the 25th episode of the Legend of Galactic Heroes OVA.
Siegfried Kircheis arrives at Geiersburg Fortress. He has an argument with Reinhard von Lohengramm about the handling of the Westerland Massacre. Reinhard assumes full responsibility for Paul von Oberstein's actions. A message is sent from Odin: Klaus von Lichtenlade is plotting to get rid of Reinhard. Reinhard then receives some prisoners-of-war from the Lippstadt League; Adalbert von Fahrenheit joins Reinhard's admiralty. Ansbach comes in with Otho von Braunschweig's coffin, takes out a weapon concealed in the coffin and aims at Reinhard....
"It is taboo for a supreme ruler to be guided by his personal feelings."
- – Paul von Oberstein, on Reinhard von Lohengramm's special treatment towards Siegfried Kircheis
"Lord Reinhard, the new order you will establish must be based on liberating the citizens who have been unfairly oppressed for so long. To use innocent people as sacrifices just undermines your own cause."
- – Siegfried Kircheis, reproving Reinhard von Lohengramm on his inaction towards preventing the Westerland Massacre
"Even if the whole universe were my enemy, Kircheis would still be my friend."
- – Reinhard von Lohengramm, to Paul von Oberstein
- Antonín Dvořák – Symphony No. 9 in E minor, 'From the New World' (Op. 95/B. 178): II. Largo (00:01:31)
- Richard Wagner – Tristan und Isolde (WWV 90): Prelude (00:05:37)
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Piano Sonata No. 8 in C minor, 'Sonata Pathétique' (Op. 13): II. Adagio cantabile (00:12:30)
- Imperial military anthem (00:14:00)
- Richard Wagner – Siegfried Idyll (WWV 103) (00:15:26)
- Anton Bruckner – Symphony No. 5 in B flat major (WAB 105): I. Adagio - Allegro (00:21:29)
- Horikawa Ryō as Reinhard von Lohengramm
- Hironaka Masashi as Siegfried Kircheis
- Han Keiko as Annerose von Grünewald
- Shiozawa Kaneto as Paul von Oberstein
- Inoue Makio as Ansbach
- Wakamoto Norio as Oskar von Reuenthal
- Mori Katsuji as Wolfgang Mittermeyer
- Katsuki Masako as Hildegard von Mariendorf
- Horiuchi Kenyū as Anton Fellner
- Noda Keiichi as Fritz Joseph Bittenfeld
- Hayami Shō as Adalbert von Fahrenheit
- Kakegawa Hirohiko
- Yara Yūsaku as Narrator
- Screenplay: Kawanaka Shimao
- Storyboard: Shitahara Masato
- Episode director: Kimura Tetsu, Noshitani Mitsutaka and Ueno Fumihiro
- Animation director: Kiyoyama Shigetaka and Kayano Kyōko
'Victory for Whose Sake?'
|Legend of Galactic Heroes (OVA)
'Farewell, Distant Memories'