The Long Road Ahead (episode)
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
|'The Long Road Ahead'|
|LOGH: series 3, episode 20|
|February 800 UC (2 NIC / 491 IC / 3600 CE)|
|←||74th of 110 released in LOGH||→|
|←||77th of 189 released in all||→|
The Long Road Ahead (Japanese: 前途遼遠) is the 74th episode of the Legend of Galactic Heroes OVA.
Reinhard von Lohengramm considers when and how to take El Facil and Iserlohn Fortress. Yang Wen-li explains to Dr. Francesck Romsky about their current position and urges him to consider negotiating peace with the New Galactic Empire. Katerose von Kreutzer confronts her illegitimate father, Walter von Schönkopf. Yang and some of his subordinates reviews the Terraism data disk and discovers disturbing information about the intricate relationship between the Dominion of Fezzan and the Terraist Church for over a century. Afterwards, Yang, Frederica Greenhill Yang, and Julian Mintz talk about the role of the military within a democracy as well as Reinhard's next step. In a secret location, Adrian Rubinsky discusses with Dominique Saint-Pierré about his methods of manipulating people. Finally, a letter is delivered to Reinhard and the contents of which postpones the planned expedition to Iserlohn....
"It seems you've taken on a lot of trouble for this, but I demand one correction."
"What is it?"
"You seem to be saying that I'm a middle-aged scoundrel. I'm still not middle-aged."
- – Walter von Schönkopf and Olivier Poplin
"Autocracy is the most effective system with which to carry out drastic changes."
"On the other hand, democracy is a roundabout thing. And people who are disenchanted with such roundaboutness will always say: 'Let's give power to a great politician and have him spearhead revolutionary changes.' I wonder if the masses have always wanted an autocrat. And they might be getting the ideal autocratic ruler right now. Compared to that brilliant golden idol, democracy is nothing but a faded bronze idol."
- – Frederica Greenhill Yang and Yang Wen-li
"Julian, we are soldiers. And republican democracies are often born from the muzzle of guns. But the military, despite engendering democracy, should never boast of its accomplishment. And it is not an unfair thing. Because the gist of democracy lies in control by the people, who have the power. Democracy institutionalises the control of the power-holders by law and organisation. And the military needs this control the most. They fight for the political structure that fundamentally denies them. The military of a democracy must accept that contradictory structure. The only things a military can demand from its government are a retirement pension and paid leave; that is about it. In other words, the rights of the workers - they cannot demand for more than that."
- – Yang Wen-li, to Julian Mintz
- Hector Berlioz – Symphonie Fantastique (Op. 14): IV. Marche au supplice (00:01:30)
- Johannes Brahms – Symphony No. 3 in F major (Op. 90): II. Andante (00:03:24)
- Dmitri Shostakovich – Symphony No. 8 in C minor (Op. 65): V. Allegretto (00:07:25)
- Dmitri Shostakovich – Symphony No. 15 in A major (Op. 141): IV. Adagio - Allegretto (00:12:54)
- Dmitri Shostakovich – Symphony No. 8 in C minor (Op. 65): IV. Largo (00:13:59)
- Hector Berlioz – Symphonie Fantastique (Op. 14): V. Songe d'une nuit de sabbat (00:17:26)
- Dmitri Shostakovich – Symphony No. 10 in E minor (Op. 93): I. Moderato (00:20:01)
- Dmitri Shostakovich – Symphony No. 1 in F minor (Op. 10): IV. Allegro molto - Lento - Allegro molto (00:23:35)
- Horikawa Ryō as Reinhard von Lohengramm
- Katsuki Masako as Hildegard von Mariendorf
- Tomiyama Kei as Yang Wen-li
- Sasaki Nozomu as Julian Mintz
- Sakakibara Yoshiko as Frederica Greenhill Yang
- Wakamoto Norio as Oskar von Reuenthal
- Mori Katsuji as Wolfgang Mittermeyer
- Hazama Michio as Walter von Schönkopf
- Inoue Kazuhiko as Dusty Attemborough
- Furukawa Toshio as Olivier Poplin
- Yasuhara Yoshito as Boris Konev
- Kobayashi Kiyoshi as Adrian Rubinsky
- Hirano Fumi as Dominique Saint-Pierré
- Nakamura Shūsei as Francesck Romsky
- Mitsuishi Kotono as Katerose von Kreutzer
- Yara Yūsaku as Narrator
- Screenplay: Kawanaka Shimao
- Storyboard: Ishiguro Noboru
- Episode director: Tokoro Toshikatsu
- Animation director: Imaizumi Kenichi
'The Edict of the Winter Rose Garden'
|Legend of Galactic Heroes (OVA)