The Klopstock Incident (episode)
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
|'The Klopstock Incident'|
|LOGH: series 1, episode 9|
|796 UC (487 IC / 3596 CE)|
|←||9th of 110 released in LOGH||→|
|←||10th of 189 released in all||→|
The Klopstock Incident (Japanese: クロプシュトック事件) is the 9th episode of the Legend of Galactic Heroes OVA.
After thirty years of life in exile from Imperial high society, Marquis Wilhelm von Klopstock plots an assassination of Kaiser Friedrich IV. He approaches Duke Otho von Braunschweig, Friedrich IV's son-in-law, beseeching him to make a request to the Kaiser to pardon the Klopstock family. Braunschweig agrees, and invites the Marquis to his daughter's birthday party, so that he might speak with the kaiser directly. Marquis Klopstock conceals a small explosive device in his cane, and leaves his cane unattended near a fireplace in the main ball room of Braunschweig's estate before making a hasty retreat from the residence. At the party, newly-promoted Fleet Admiral Reinhard von Lohengramm, after an argument with Baron Flegel, helped to lead an ill attendee to the couch the cane was leaning against and has the cane removed from the hall to make room for the attendee. The cane then exploded away from its intended location, greatly minimising its potential damage.
As a result of the explosion, many of the party's attendees are injured. Kaiser Friedrich himself, however, was not present, having cancelled his trip to his granddaughter's party due to sudden illness. Reinhard's subordinate, Siegfried Kircheis, rushes into the estate where he finds Reinhard and Baroness Magdalena von Westpfale alive with only light injuries. Together, they realise that Marquis Klopstock was the culprit behind the explosion. En route to his villa, Marquis Klopstock realises the failure of his plot when he receives news of the Kaiser's illness, and sets fire to his residence before committing suicide. The events that transpired is then concealed from the public.
- Giuseppe Torelli – Sonata in D major for Trumpet, Strings and Basso continuo (G. 1): I. Andante (00:01:31)
- Frédéric Chopin – Nocturne in B major (Op. 32, No. 1) (00:05:40)
- George Frideric Handel – Water Music Suite No. 1 in F major (HWV 348): III. Allegro - Andante - Allegro da capo (00:06:26)
- George Frideric Handel – Water Music Suite No. 1 in F major (HWV 348): IV. Minuet (00:09:00)
- Carl Maria von Weber – Invitation to the Dance (Op. 65/J. 260) [Berlioz arrangement] (00:11:04)
- Johann Sebastian Bach – Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D major (BWV 1068): V. Gigue (00:12:13)
- Antonín Dvořák – Othello Overture (Op. 93/B. 174) (00:15:49)
- Antonín Dvořák – Symphony No. 6 in D major (Op. 60/B. 112): II. Adagio (00:19:03)
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Symphony No. 5 in C minor (Op. 67): I. Allegro con brio (00:21:08)
- Horikawa Ryō as Reinhard von Lohengramm
- Hironaka Masashi as Siegfried Kircheis
- Han Keiko as Annerose von Grünewald
- Saka Osamu as Friedrich IV
- Miyauchi Kōhei as Klaus von Lichtenlade
- Futamata Issei as Flegel
- Kobayashi Osamu as Otho von Braunschweig
- Inoue Makio as Ansbach
- Totani Kōji as Arthur von Streit
- Horiuchi Kenyū as Anton Fellner
- Azusa Kinpei as Wilhelm von Klopstock
- Yokoo Mari as Magdalena von Westpfale
- Katō Masayuki, Itō Miki
- Yara Yūsaku as Narrator
- Screenplay: Konishikawa Hiroshi
- Storyboard: Okuda Seiji
- Episode director: Takagi Shinji
- Animation director: Kise Kazuchika
- Marquis Klopstock and his failed assassination plot is actually based on the events of the third chapter of the Gaiden (side story) novel Star Crusher and not from the main novel series. In the novel, the Klopstock Incident took place in March 795 UC (486 IC / 3595 CE) and not the latter half of 796 UC (487 IC / 3596 CE) as depicted in this episode.
'Cool, Clear Artificial Eyes'
|Legend of Galactic Heroes (OVA)