From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
I think the page could use at least 1 more image in the middle of the 'FPA Invasions' section. I'd suggest a shot of the Brunhild landing. The scene when it landed on Phezzan, maybe? It would be a nice contrast.
Also, Vympel, have you seen the images I've placed on my user page? I would suggest placing the novel Brunhild in the Apocrypha section, but I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure how to implement captions. Canary 18:52, 12 May 2011 (UTC)
- Hadn't seen them but just checked it now. I'll see about putting them in. In terms of putting captions in, anytime I don't know how to do something on this wiki, I just hit edit on an article which already has what I want to do (e.g. captions) and copy it - boom, that's how. :)
- In terms of captions, its done this way (I've deleted the "[[" so it doesn't 'activate':-
- "File:filename.jpg|thumb|190px|left|putcaptionhere" Vympel 00:46, 13 May 2011 (UTC)
I find putting pictures on the right hand side of articles problematic - it always throws out the formatting, unless there's a few lines of text. Is there some sort of command we can use to make sure that the next heading/ sub-heading isn't shoved aside by the picture? Surely there must be. Alternately, should the formatting of this article be changed? Should I remove all these sub-headings? Vympel 08:12, 12 May 2011 (UTC)
- I don't see how the image that's there, now, is altering the format at all. Regarding the subheadings... I would say remove them. Rather than break apart the article by battles, perhaps break it apart by wars? FPA-Imperial, 2nd FPA-Imperial, etc., etc. Alternatively, you could lump everything into a single section, and then simply list the battles it participated in with a bulletted list.Canary 08:32, 12 May 2011 (UTC)
- That's because its on the left. :) I just deleted the sub-headings - what do you think - better or worse? Vympel 08:59, 12 May 2011 (UTC)
- Hm... overall, I'd say better, but it's still a bit of a... big lump. Like the difference between a boulder and a grain of sand. I'd suggest breaking it apart into 2-4 larger section. Hm.... I'll fiddle with the page now. Let me know what you think of my changes (once I make them). EDIT: I've done a bit. One thing that makes the formatting a bit weird is the structure. It's one of my personal quirks, but it always looks odd to me to see so many paragraphs so uniform in size. Maybe add some more to one or two, or combine some, I don't know. I think it looks pretty good (and good work, by the way).
- I remember something to the effect of the Brunhild and... Big Red Ship Whose Name I Never, Ever, Ever Remember being put in a museum or something on Odin. Dock 1 or something. It was an edit someone else placed on the page of the old wiki and never cited: I don't know if it was here or not, but if you never saw it, now you are kind of aware of it, and if you did see it and deleted it (for being uncited nonsense) that's fine, too. Canary 18:52, 12 May 2011 (UTC)
- I think your edits look great, thanks for that. I'll grab another picture and put it up tonight. The Big Red Ship is Barbarossa btw. I remember reading that, and yes I did delete it because it was uncited. I'd bet its probably not nonsense, but the policy I've adopted is to get rid of uncited stuff until we can get a cite for it. Otherwise the articles just look like crap. If you check the entry for Barbarossa (which I will expand the moment I get Fleet File Vol. 10, hopefully by the end of this month) you'll see the citation for the Barborassa being kept next to the Brunhild (its from the episode where Reinhard visits Geiersberg).Vympel 00:41, 13 May 2011 (UTC)