Talk:Seventh Battle of Iserlohn
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
Name of battle
I'm fairly sure that this is properly called the 'Seventh Battle of Iserlohn'. The previous attempt to take Iserlohn was called the Sixth Battle of Iserlohn according to one of the Gaiden episode titles, and the OVA explicitly says that this is the seventh attempt, so....
I'm also guessing that subsequent battles involving Iserlohn are also not called the ___ Battle of Tiamat — i don't recall Tiamat ever being mentioned in the OVA beyond a handful of historical references (mostly at the very beginning of the series), and once in i think 'The Rosen Ritter' when Seeckt's bros detect that there are FPA ships near some distant planet in the Tiamat Starzone.
The only problem is, i'm not sure how the numbering should go after this one. Currently we've been calling the battle between Geiersburg and Iserlohn the 'Battle of the Fortresses', which i think is logical and sounds good — however, you could also call it the 'Eighth Battle of Iserlohn'. And it's important which one we pick, because there are one or two more battles involving Iserlohn after that, and obv the numbering would be affected. Very confusing. I will try to find out what the Japanese sources call them... ♥ kine @ 10:54, 26 May 2011 (UTC)
- Oh, OK. That was simple enough. Here's what the Japanese Wikipedia calls them:
- Seventh Battle of Iserlohn (第7次イゼルローン攻防戦) — 796/05, 13th Fleet takes Iserlohn
- Eighth Battle of Iserlohn (第8次イゼルローン攻防戦) — 798/04–798/05, the two fortresses battle
- Ninth Battle of Iserlohn (第9次イゼルローン攻防戦) — 798/10–798/01, Reuenthal retakes Iserlohn
- Tenth Battle of Iserlohn (第10次イゼルローン攻防戦) — 800/02, Yang retakes Iserlohn again
- Eleventh Battle of Iserlohn (第11次イゼルローン攻防戦) — 801/02, Julian defeats Wagenseil/Wahlen
- The LOGH Encyclopaedia doesn't mention every single one of these, but it does refer to the fortress battle as the Eighth of Iserlohn, and Yang's recapture after joining up with El Facil as the Tenth of Iserlohn (same characters and everything). So i think that seals it pretty well. We should move these, and make 'Battle of the Fortresses' redirect to the Eighth. ♥ kine @ 11:23, 26 May 2011 (UTC)