The Inquiry Committee (episode)
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
|'The Inquiry Committee'|
|LOGH: series 2, episode 5|
|April 798 UC (489 IC / 3598 CE)|
|←||31st of 110 released in LOGH||→|
|←||32nd of 165 released in all||→|
The Inquiry Committee (Japanese: 査問会) is the 31st episode of the Legend of Galactic Heroes OVA.
On his way to Heinessen, Yang Wen-li reflects over the current state of affairs. The Free Planets Alliance's disrespect for human rights, democracy and freedom on the pretext of the war is leading the nation toward its destruction; moreover, the failed invasion of the Galactic Empire and the civil war had drastically weakened the Alliance's military strength. When he reached Heinessen, Yang is separated from his companions, Louis Machungo and Frederica Greenhill. While Yang's actions during the civil war and his personality are being questioned by the inquiry committee, Greenhill and Machungo try to reach him, but any contact is denied. They then decide to seek help from Admiral Alexandre Bewcock. Along the way, they are attacked by the Patriotic Knight Corps (which appears to be related to the Terraist Church) but are saved through a timely intervention by Bewcock's subordinates. On 10 April 798 UC (489 IC / 3598 CE), Geiersburg Fortress enters the Iserlohn Corridor.
"It is not government 'by the people', but at present, it is government 'for the people'."
- – Yang Wen-li, on the Lohengramm Administration in the Galactic Empire
"To those in power, there is nothing cheaper than other people's lives."
- – Yang Wen-li
"That is what you say, Secretary. I think it was an unusually profound utterance for me. Because a nation does not create individuals by cellular division. Instead it is individuals with autonomous intent who gather to establish a nation. In a democratic society, it is axiomatic as to which one is the master and which one is the servant."
- – Yang Wen-li, to Negroponte, refuting the latter's accusation of him making a seditious statement during the Battle of Doria
"Humans are social creatures. Nobody can live alone, thus the nation holds indispensable value to people."
"Really? People may need societies, but they do not necessarily need 'nations'."
"Well, I am surprised. You are a pretty radical anarchist."
"No, but you could say I am a vegetarian. Although as soon as I look at a delicious meat dish, I break my commandments at once."
- – Negroponte and Yang Wen-li
- Antonín Dvořák – Symphony No. 9 in E minor, 'From the New World' (Op. 95/B. 178): IV. Allegro con fuoco (00:02:27)
- Anton Bruckner – Symphony No. 4 in E flat major, 'Romantic' (WAB 104) [Nowak edition]: II. Andante, quasi allegretto (00:03:24)
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Bassoon Concerto in B flat major (K. 191/186e): II. Andante ma adagio (00:06:28)
- Frédéric Chopin – Fantaisie-Impromptu in C sharp minor (Op. 66) (00:13:46)
- Antonín Dvořák – Symphony No. 6 in D major (Op. 60/B. 112): III. Scherzo (Furiant), Presto (00:16:49)
- Gustav Mahler – Symphony No. 7: IV. Nachtmusik (II): Andante amoroso (00:19:46)
- Tomiyama Kei as Yang Wen-li
- Tomita Kōsei as Alexandre Bewcock
- Sakakibara Yoshiko as Frederica Greenhill
- Ishizuka Unshō as Job Trunicht
- Yamanouchi Masato as Enrique Oliveira
- Hozumi Takanobu as Negroponte
- Kimotsuki Kaneta as Huang Rui
- Nakao Ryūsei as Louis Machungo
- Ōbayashi Ryūsuke as Nilsson
- Umezu Hideyuki as Pfeifer
- Shimada Bin as Fields
- Ikeda Masaru as Veigh
- Akimoto Yōsuke as Patriotic Knight Corps captain
- Furuta Nobuyuki as Sims
- Yara Yūsaku as Narrator
- Screenplay: Kawanaka Shimao
- Storyboard: Shinohara Toshiya
- Episode director: Yamazaki Tomomasa and Katō Daichi
- Animation director: Matsuda Yoshiaki and Itō Hideki
- Mechanical animation director: Takahashi Hideki
|Legend of Galactic Heroes (OVA)
'War Without Weapons'