Julian's Journey, Mankind's Journey (episode)
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
|'Julian's Journey, Mankind's Journey'|
|LOGH: series 2, episode 14|
|September 798 UC (489 IC / 3598 CE)|
|←||40th of 110 released in LOGH||→|
|←||41st of 189 released in all||→|
Julian's Journey, Mankind's Journey (Japanese: ユリアンの旅・人類の旅) is the 40th episode of the Legend of Galactic Heroes OVA.
As Julian Mintz travels to Heinessen to accept his commission as a military attaché in Fezzan, he thinks about how Yang Wen-li liked to attribute his military successes to mere applications of his knowledge in history. This inspires Julian to review the history of humanity during his long trip. The history documentary starts with the establishment of the Galactic Federation in 2801 CE (1 UC) and humanity's continued expansion into space. The documentary then touches on space piracy, the increased role of the military, and the eventual decadence which led to the rise of the Galactic Empire in 310 UC (1 IC / 3110 CE). The final part of the documentary includes the formation of the Free Planets Alliance up to the first military conflict between the Alliance and the Empire.
"Rudolf's rise could be said to be the most conspicuous example in history of people preferring to take orders obediently with the lack of responsibility, over independent thought and the responsibility which accompanies it."
- – E.J. Mackenzie, on Rudolf von Goldenbaum
- Gustav Mahler – Symphony No. 7: V. Rondo-Finale (00:01:31)
- Richard Wagner – Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg (WWV 96): Prelude (00:02:23)
- Antonín Dvořák – Cello Concerto in B minor (Op. 104/B. 191): I. Allegro (00:06:57)
- Antonín Dvořák – Cello Concerto in B minor (Op. 104/B. 191): III. Finale: Allegro moderato - Andante - Allegro vivo (00:08:55)
- Richard Wagner – Symphony in C major (WWV 29): II. Andante ma non troppo, un poco maestoso (00:09:52)
- Anton Bruckner – Symphony No. 1 in C minor (WAB 101): III. Scherzo: Lebhaft - Trio: Langsam (00:11:01)
- Johann Friedrich Fasch – Trumpet Concerto in D major (FaWV L:D1): I. Allegro (00:13:17)
- Richard Wagner – Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg (WWV 96): Prelude (00:13:41)
- Richard Wagner – Symphony in C major (WWV 29): I. Sostenuto e maestoso - Allegro con brio (00:14:59)
- Richard Wagner – Das Rheingold (WWV 86A): Prelude (00:22:14)
- Sasaki Nozomu as Julian Mintz
- Kume Akira as Narrator of The Inviting to History
- Itō Katsumi as D. Sinclair
- Chiba Shigeru as E.J. Mackenzie
- Ōtsuka Chikao as Rudolf von Goldenbaum
- Yara Yūsaku as Narrator
- Screenplay: Kawanaka Shimao
- Storyboard: Watanabe Takashi
- Episode director: Matsumura Yasuhiro
- Animation director: Matsuoka Hideaki
- The Inviting to History is actually a framing device used to retell Volume 1, Prologue: A Brief History of the Galaxy; nothing is mentioned about Julian's activities while he was en route to Heinessen in the original novels.
|Legend of Galactic Heroes (OVA)