Talk:Fleet File Collection Vol.1R
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
I'd just like to say that I think this is probably the best collection: you get the most iconic ships, the default price is (relatively) cheap, and the ABS quality seems better than in earlier volumes. (Also, HLJ was selling it for half-off a few months ago, so that was awesome--I bought 2). Canary 03:09, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
- I haven't taken any of mine out of the box and assembled them (save to get at the fleet file booklet!). I can't speak towards build quality, but the quantity in the releases have gotten better and better - from Vol. 5 onward I think they're much better value. Since Vol. 1R is technically the 10th release, I guess its no surprise. Still, I wish the original Vol. 1 wasn't discontinued. I'd love those cargo ships, and I don't like not having the old-style Imperial Battleships we saw in the documentary episode Vympel 03:35, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
- I bought 2 specifically so I could never open one of the boxes. Don't normally go for that kind of collecting, but I gotta protect me my Brunild. Of the opened box, I've got about half the ships displayed on my top bookshelf (where I display my master grades) and the other half by my desk. Love looking at the Brunhild right next to my keyboard. The molding is a lot better... the Brunhild, for example, is very solid, as are the Imperial Battleships... the FPA ships (being so generic) are a bit harder to judge, but they do seem slightly better than the versions in the first few collections.
- As for old-style battleships... yeah, I want those, too. The collections are still coming out, so maybe one day.... And while we're wishing, let's also wish they up the scale to 1:6000 eventually. (Which, IIRC, is about the same scale as the resin kits). Canary 06:35, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
- Given Wright Staff's outrageous pricing, if they did release such versions, we would be bankrupt :) - the resin kits are 1/5000 scale, btw. I'm curious to buy one just to see what the box looks like, but I'm rubbish at building models. Vympel 06:47, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
- I'm not sure skill really plays a part with the resin kits. They're small, and only have 3-4 parts each, so the amount of assembly would be about the same as w/ the Fleet File figures. Of course, you would have to paint the ships.... Canary 14:51, 3 May 2011 (UTC)