Talk:Iserlohn Republic Armed Forces
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
Names of military organisations
Got here by way of a broken IRF link. Assumed that meant Iserlohn Republic Fleet?
Anyway, once more I'm thinking we ought to reconsider naming conventions for militaries. Canary 16:35, 6 July 2011 (UTC)
- I believe these all have actual names and abbreviations that should be followed, according to the ones set out in dialogue, subtitles, and arm patches:
- Iserlohn Garrison Fleet — The Y-shaped shoulder patch with the dragon says this (although it's misspelt). I believe it is also used in dialogue to refer to both Yang's fleet and Seeckt's, and possibly in the kanji for Seeckt's subtitles. IGF seems appropriate, when we are not simply calling it the Yang Fleet (although i guess those are technically two different things?).
- El Facil Revolutionary Reserve Force — The shoulder patch with the dove actually says El Facil Reserve Force For Revolution but that is an Engrish translation of what the kanji and dialogue call it. I think EFRRF is good.
- Iserlohn Republic Garrison Fleet/Force — I'll have to double-check the dialogue and subtitles on this one to see if it's Fleet or Force, but the Iserlohn Republic arm patch says IRGF, which again i think is good.
- Vympel probably has more insight than i do though ♥ kine @ 20:03, 6 July 2011 (UTC)
- I'm not up (for my battles project) to the relevant part where the IRGF is mentioned, but we do know the arm patch says that, so I reckon changing references from "IRF" to "IRGF" is justified. The fansub says f means "forces" though, that's my recollection.Vympel 04:03, 7 July 2011 (UTC)