From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
Mistake in databbook?
The databook claims the Ulysses was part of the 8th Fleet until its disbandment, but MCISS appears to contradict that. Firstly, because Ulysses' captain (who remained its captain throughout the series, IIRC- dude with the moustache) quite clearly is wearing a 2nd Fleet patch in MCISS. Second, there were three Alliance fleets at 4th Tiamat according to the tactical displays in the battle - the 2nd, the 9th, and the 12th (hilariously called the "12nd"). No 8th. Do we lampshade this? Vympel 22:55, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- Yes it does seem to be a continuity error. The only other in-universe explanation was somehow the ship was transferred out and then back in, however that is stretching it. Iracundus 04:16, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
- I have an idea on the Ulysses was in both the 2nd fleet and later 8th fleet. My theory is that the Ulysses was part of the 2nd Fleet, but was transferred to the 8th Fleet in the timeframe between the Battle of Astarte and whenever the 2nd Fleet was merged into the 13th Fleet. The Ulysses served in the 8th Fleet up through the Alliance invasion of the Galactic Empire. After the Battle Amritsar, the Ulysses would again be transferred to another fleet, the 13th Feet this time. JudgeKing 11:51, 28 August 2016 (UTC)
- That was my theory from my 2011 post. The Ulysses bouncing from fleet to fleet is the only possible in-universe way to reason it out, but then it raises the question of why it would have been transferred around so much given that it was an otherwise unremarkable standard battleship. The out of universe explanation is it was a continuity error. Iracundus 12:34, 28 August 2016 (UTC)
Text from 'Reinhard and Yang'
I have a licensed book called 'Reinhard and Yang' (or something to that effect — will create an article for it later) that contains brief descriptions of some of the ships that appear in MCISS. The Ulysses is one of those ships; its description in the book reads:
Which means something like the following (very loosely translated):
A standard FPA battleship, Yang used it as part of a diversionary operation during the Battle of Tiamat. Overall length: 624 metres.
Thought the bit about the length might be useful at the very least. ♥ kine @ 22:12, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
Julian's Rank / MCISS pic
What was Julian's rank when he assumed command of the Iserlohn force? Also, does the MCISS picture look ok there, or wrong? Vympel 11:45, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
- He was a sub-lieutenant. (edit: Or... whatever the equivalent is for the branch he was technically assigned to? I'm still unsure about that. He was called a sergeant by the CA subs in 'First Battle', but that doesn't make sense as an air-force rank given his insignia. Maybe he's a marine, in which case instead of sub-lieutenant his rank after Yang's death would've been lieutenant [or first lieutenant in American terminology])
- I think the image looks fine. Not that something better won't possibly come along in the future, but there's nothing wrong with it, that's for sure ♥ kine @ 12:45, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
- Oh yeah, I like the image, I just meant in terms of its placement. Sub-Lieutenant it is.Vympel 12:59, 25 May 2011 (UTC)