The Battle of Marr-Adetta Starzone (Part Two) (episode)
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
|'The Battle of Marr-Adetta Starzone (Part Two)'|
|LOGH: series 3, episode 18|
|January 800 UC (2 NIC / 491 IC / 3600 CE)|
|←||72nd of 110 released in LOGH||→|
|←||75th of 165 released in all||→|
The Battle of Marr-Adetta Starzone (Part Two) (Japanese: マル・アデッタ星域の会戦（後編）) is the 72nd episode of the Legend of Galactic Heroes OVA.
Alexandre Bewcock's fleet breaks through the Müller Fleet while being pursued and surrounded by many others. However, the Alliance fleet is unable to reach and destroy Reinhard von Lohengramm's flagship Brünhild and instead suffers from critical losses as the other Imperial fleets succeeds in completely surrounding it. Hildegard von Mariendorf advises Reinhard to offer the option of surrender to Bewcock. Bewcock rejects the offer, and instead toasts to friendship and democracy with his fellow officers. Afterwards, the Imperial Fleet destroys all remaining Alliance ships. The Imperial victory celebration is cut short when news of Cornelius Lutz's loss of Iserlohn Fortress is received. Adalbert von Fahrenheit suggests that the Battle of Marr-Adetta was part of a coordinated plan by Bewcock and Yang Wen-li to divert the attention of the Empire from Iserlohn, which is rejected by Hildegard, who argues that it was simply a coincidence and that Yang would not have sacrificed his allies just to capture Iserlohn, which can be easily executed by other commanders given the proper instructions. The surprise loss of Iserlohn Fortress suggests that Reinhard may have underestimated its importance. Nevertheless, he decides to put on hold the issue of Iserlohn and orders his forces to resume their course for Heinessen.
"The reason, if I may say so self-importantly, is that democracy is the philosophy of making friends on equal terms, not of creating master-servant relationships. I want to have good friends, and I want to be a good friend to other people. But I do not want a good master or a good servant. That is precisely the reason I have not been able to uphold the same flag as you. Although I appreciate your kindness, I doubt you have any need for an old man like myself."
- – Alexandre Bewcock, to Reinhard von Lohengramm
"How can a stranger possibly understand anything…?"
- – Reinhard von Lohengramm, reflecting on Bewcock's words
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky – Symphony No. 6 in B minor, 'Pathétique' (Op. 74): I. Adagio - Allegro non troppo (00:01:31)
- Robert Schumann – Symphony No. 4 in D minor (Op. 120): IV. Langsam - Lebhaft (00:04:57)
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky – Symphony No. 6 in B minor, 'Pathétique' (Op. 74): III. Allegro molto vivace (00:07:12)
- Gustav Mahler – Symphony No. 2, 'Resurrection': I. Allegro maestoso. Mit durchaus ernstem und feierlichem Ausdruck (00:09:07)
- Richard Wagner – Symphony in C major (WWV 29): I. Sostenuto e maestoso - Allegro con brio (00:12:24)
- Antonín Dvořák – Symphony No. 6 in D major (Op. 60/B. 112): II. Adagio (00:15:45)
- Anton Bruckner – Symphony No. 7 in E major (WAB 107): II. Adagio. Sehr feierlich und sehr langsam (00:17:43)
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky – Symphony No. 6 in B minor, 'Pathétique' (Op. 74): I. Adagio - Allegro non troppo (00:19:20)
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky – Symphony No. 6 in B minor, 'Pathétique' (Op. 74): IV. Finale: Adagio lamentoso - Andante (00:21:51)
- Horikawa Ryō as Reinhard von Lohengramm
- Katsuki Masako as Hildegard von Mariendorf
- Mori Katsuji as Wolfgang Mittermeyer
- Wakamoto Norio as Oskar von Reuenthal
- Tomita Kōsei as Alexandre Bewcock
- Ōtsuka Akio as Chung Wu-Cheng
- Noda Keiichi as Fritz Joseph Bittenfeld
- Mizushima Yū as Neidhart Müller
- Hayami Shō as Adalbert von Fahrenheit
- Arai Kazuo as Ralph Carlsen
- Yamano Fubito as Hofmeister
- Murata Norio as Siegbert Seidlitz
- Mitsuoka Yūtarō as Griess
- Okiayu Ryōtarō as Emil von Selle
- Dan Tomoyuki as Emerson
- Yara Yūsaku as Narrator
- Screenplay: Kawanaka Shimao
- Storyboard: Natsuki Ryō
- Episode director: Natsuki Ryō
- Animation director: Araki Hideki
- Mechanical animation director: Takahashi Hideki
'The Battle of Marr-Adetta Starzone (Part One)'
|Legend of Galactic Heroes (OVA)
'The Edict of the Winter Rose Garden'