From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
High Admiral Müller (800 UC (2 NIC / 491 IC / 3600 CE))
|Status:||Alive (801 UC (3 NIC / 492 IC / 3601 CE))|
|Played by:||Yū Mizushima|
Neidhart Müller (Japanese: ナイトハルト・ミュラー) was an Imperial admiral who served under Reinhard von Lohengramm. As the person who had the most interaction with Yang Wen-li's republican faction outside warfare, he was often appointed as Reinhard's envoy when dealing with them.
During the late Goldenbaum Dynasty, Müller served as the resident military attaché at the Imperial embassy on Fezzan around 792 UC (483 IC / 3592 CE), holding the rank of sub-lieutenant. That year, he assisted Reinhard von Lohengramm (who was then a commander) in capturing a defecting Imperial noble in Free Planets Alliance territory by providing intelligence. (RET: 'Chapter IV')
High Admiral Neidhart Müller was the youngest member of Fleet Admiral Reinhard von Lohengramm's Admiralty other than Reinhard and the slightly older High Admiral Siegfried Kircheis themselves, and was a very talented and capable commander. Already a proven leader, Müller, who barely survived the Eighth Battle of Iserlohn, was the first to return to Reinhard during his engagement with Fleet Admiral Yang Wen-li of the Alliance. His arrival at the Battle of Vermilion was just quick enough to have saved Reinhard from destruction, and as his fleet attempted to break out Reinhard's fleets from Yang's encirclement, they became entangled with the escaping Imperial forces and were caught in a crossfire. His flagship, the Lübeck, was hit and evacuated before the ship was destroyed. Müller transferred his flag to Neustadt, which was also struck and lost its navigational capabilities forcing evacuation before it too was destroyed. After briefly transferring to the Offenburg, he finally moved his flag to the battleship Helten. This confusing set of evacuations and transfers, paired with his survival at Iserlohn, gave him a certain mystique of invincibility and luck amongst his men and the rest of the Imperial Fleet, earning him the name "Iron Wall" Müller. He was awarded for his actions with the Perceval, the first ship manufactured in the New Galactic Empire and fitted with all the advanced prototype technology of the Brünhild.
Müller would earn this reputation once again when he, along with High Admiral Lutz who ended up sacrificing himself to allow the others to escape, acted to save Reinhard during the insurrection at Uruvasi. After this he was offered a promotion to Fleet Admiral for his service, but refused, largely because he felt as though Lutz was the true hero, not himself. He was regarded by many to be the next "shining star" of the Empire, following in the footsteps of Fleet Admirals Wolfgang Mittermeyer and Oskar von Reuenthal, and was sure to have played a key role in the Imperial Fleet after the death of Kaiser Reinhard.
- 'The Lippstadt Conspiracy' (first appearance)
- 'Courage and Loyalty'
- 'Farewell, Distant Memories'
- 'One Narrow Thread'
- 'Lost Things'
- 'Fortress vs Fortress'
- 'The Return'
- 'Determination and Ambition'
- 'Operation: Ragnarök'
- 'Invitation to a Requiem'
- 'Fezzan Occupied'
- 'The Cold Spell Arrives'
- 'Seeking a Free Universe'
- 'The Two-Headed Snake: The Battle of Rantemario'
- 'Battle After Battle'
- 'The Battle of Vermilion (Part Two)'
- 'Long Live the Emperor!'
- 'Holiday's End'
- 'Under the Golden Lion Flag'
- 'The Battle of Marr-Adetta Starzone (Part One)'
- 'The Battle of Marr-Adetta Starzone (Part Two)'
- 'Rolling Thunder'
- 'The Battle of the Corridor: End of the Campaign'
- 'Disappointing Victory'
- 'The Order to Transfer the Capital'
- 'The Urvashi Incident'
- 'The Two Great Ones Strike at Each Other!'
- 'Running Start Towards the Future'
- 'Long Live the Empress! (Hoff Kaiserin)'
- 'Invitation to Rebellion'
- 'Cosmic Mosaic'
- 'Towards Peace, Through Bloodshed'
- 'Planet of Confusion'
- 'The Burning of Holly House'
- 'The Crimson Star Road'
- 'The Beautiful Maiden Wants Blood'
- 'The Golden Lion Flag Loses Its Lustre'
- 'Dream: To See It to the End'
- Neidhart Müller (DVD subtitles)
- Neithard Müller (DVD subtitles)
- Neithardt Müller (LD subtitles)
- ナイトハルト・ミュラー (Japanese subtitles)
- Müller's given name is spelt two different ways in the Japanese DVD subtitles; in 'The Lippstadt Conspiracy' it is Neithard, but in every subsequent appearance it is Neidhart.
- The given name Neithard is derived from the Germanic Neid and hart, meaning Jealousy and hard respectively. Müller is a common German surname meaning miller.