The Capture of Iserlohn (Part One) (DNT episode)
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
|'The Capture of Iserlohn (Part One)'|
|DNT: series 1, episode 6|
|April-May 796 UC (487 IC / 3596 CE)|
|←||6th of 15 released in DNT||→|
|←||171st of 180 released in all||→|
The Capture of Iserlohn (Part One) (Japanese: イゼルローン攻略[前編]) is the 6th episode of Legend of Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These - Encounter.
Yang Wen-li plans for his mission to capture the Iserlohn Fortress. The high-level staff members of the 13th Fleet is introduced: Commodore Edwin Fischer is appointed as Vice Fleet Commander, Commodore Murai as Chief of Staff, and Captain Fyodor Patrichev as Vice Chief of Staff. Finally, Sub-lieutenant Frederica Greenhill is appointed as Yang's adjutant under the recommendation of Alex Cazerne. For his mission, Yang also intends to enlist the help of the renowned Rosen Ritter, an Alliance special infantry regiment composed exclusively of Imperial exiles and their children. Yang then sets out together with Frederica to meet the regimental commander of the Rosen Ritter Walter von Schönkopf personally in their training base, and convinces him about the feasibility of his plan, and the integral role of the Rosen Ritter in it.
With all the preparations in place, the 13th Fleet finally departs from Heinessen and reaches the Iserlohn Corridor after a long journey. After disrupting the Iserlohn Fortress's communications, which induces the fortress garrison fleet to launch and search for the source of disruption, the 13th Fleet then stages a mock attack against an Imperial cruiser in full view of the fortress, and retreats before the fortress can retaliate. The captain of the cruiser then urgently seeks audience with the fortress commander...
"Permanent peace has never existed in all of mankind's history. So I'm not hoping for that. But a few decades of peace gave us an era of prosperity. If we must leave something behind for the next generation, I would like it to be peace. And maintaining the peace handed to them by the previous generation would then be their responsibility. If each generation can remember their responsibility to future generations, perhaps we can have long-term peace as a result. In short, my hope is for a few decades of peace, at most. But even that would be tens of thousands of times better than an era of war lasting a tenth that long."
- – Yang Wen-li, to Walter von Schönkopf, in response to his question on whether permanent peace is possible if Iserlohn Fortress is captured
- Suzumura Kenichi as Yang Wen-li
- Miki Shinichirō as Walter von Schönkopf
- Kawashima Tokuyoshi as Alex Cazerne
- Kaji Yūki as Julian Mintz
- Endō Aya as Frederica Greenhill
- Sonoe Osamu as Edwin Fischer
- Tsuda Eizō as Thoma von Stockhausen
- Kitazawa Yō as Hans Dietrich von Seeckt
- Ōtsuka Hōchū as Murai
- Iwasaki Masami as Fyodor Patrichev
- Suwabe Junichi as Paul von Oberstein
- Ishihara Bon as Alexandre Bewcock
- Iwasaki Ryōta as Rosen Ritter member
- Amano Hirosato as Rosen Ritter member
- Ogami Shinnosuke as Commissioned officer
- Matsuda Shūhei as Commissioned officer
- Ihara Masaaki as Commissioned officer
- Shimoyama Yoshimitsu as Narrator
- Screenplay: Takagi Noboru
- Storyboard: Matsuzawa Kenichi
- Episode director: Matsuzawa Kenichi
- Animation director: Kubota Yasutaka, Fujishiro Kana and Fukuhara Mai
'Birth of the 13th Fleet'
|Legend of Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These
'The Capture of Iserlohn (Part Two)'