The Magician Is Captured (episode)

From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
'The Magician Is Captured'
(「魔術師捕らわる」)
LOGH: series 3, episode 6
released 1994/??/??
Yang interrogated (BD).jpg
July 799 UC (1 NIC / 490 IC / 3599 CE)
60th of 110 released in LOGH
63rd of 165 released in all

The Magician Is Captured (Japanese: 魔術師捕らわる) is the 60th episode of the Legend of Galactic Heroes OVA.

Contents

Synopsis

On 17 July 799 UC (1 NIC / 490 IC / 3599 CE), Free Planets Alliance forces in accordance with the Treaty of Ba‘alat start decommissioning and disassembling Alliance battleships and carriers in the Lesavik Starzone. The freedom fighter fleet under Willibald Joachim von Merkatz intercepts the decommissioning process, causing many Alliance soldiers to switch sides and follow the freedom fighters with the capital ships they are supposed to dismantle. Paul von Oberstein induces Helmut Lennenkampf into demanding the arrest of Yang Wen-li for the hijacking of the capital ships. Yang is arrested in his home by Alliance agents. All of Yang's former subordinates notice the subsequent increased surveillance as a sign of danger. If Yang is executed by the New Galactic Empire, it will cause a popular uprising within the Alliance. The uprising will then give the Empire a reason to subjugate the Alliance further. The Alliance government thus considers executing Yang pre-emptively, to avoid interference or subjugation.

Appendices

Memorable quotes

"The reasons for 90% of all wars are chillingly moronic in hindsight. In the remaining 10%, the reasons are even more so and clearly evident to those involved."

Yang Wen-li

Music

Cast

Production staff

Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Miscellany
Common
Tool box