The Plan to Retake Iserlohn (episode)
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
|'The Plan to Retake Iserlohn'|
|LOGH: series 3, episode 15|
|December 799 UC (1 NIC / 490 IC / 3599 CE)|
|←||69th of 110 released in LOGH||→|
|←||72nd of 165 released in all||→|
The Plan to Retake Iserlohn (Japanese: イゼルローン再奪取作戦) is the 69th episode of the Legend of Galactic Heroes OVA.
The Imperial Fleet heads deeper into Free Planets Alliance territory. Julian Mintz and friends arrive in El Facil. Julian passes the Terraism data disk to Yang Wen-li. Yang then explains to Julian and Olivier Poplin his plan to retake Iserlohn Fortress. The El Facil government is wary of Yang being outside of their field of control, therefore they refuse to let Yang lead the operation to retake Iserlohn. Yang has effectively become a figure for restraining the excesses of his subordinates. Yang speaks with Boris Konev about the possibility of obtaining financial support from independent Fezzani merchants. In late December 799 UC (1 NIC / 490 IC / 3599 CE), the El Facil Revolutionary Reserve Force under Willibald Joachim von Merkatz launches towards Iserlohn. During the same time, the remnants of the Free Planets Star Fleet launches for their final sortie.
"The entire population of the human race is 40 billion. And half of it is women. Even considering that half of that won't pass the age limit and a further half of that will fail on the account of their looks, there still are 5 billion that are potential targets of my romance. I can't waste even one second."
"Oh…? Aren't you concerned about character and intellect?"
"I'll leave the women with good character to you. I'll take the other half with bad character."
"Commander, are you aware? What you're saying can't be interpreted as anything but fraud even if I speak diplomatically."
- – Olivier Poplin and Dusty Attemborough
"We're doing this revolutionary war out of foppery and whim. Got that?"
- – Dusty Attemborough, to Olivier Poplin
"I want to ask, do you honestly intend to defeat Kaiser Reinhard? So far, Kaiser Reinhard has not made any instances of misgovernment. Plus, his capacity and forces are probably more than enough to rule the entire universe. Is there any guarantee that the universe will be a better place after he's defeated, Yang?"
"You're so honest. That's fine, but there's one more thing. No matter how hard you try there's no guarantee that the once weakened republican democracy will be revived in good health. And that's okay with you, too?"
"You may be right. But if we don't plant seeds just because they will wither someday, there's no chance that the grass will grow. Also, we can’t go without eating meals just because we'll eventually get hungry anyway. Isn't that right, Boris?"
- – Boris Konev and Yang Wen-li
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Symphony No. 3 in E flat major, 'Eroica' (Op. 55): I. Allegro con brio (00:01:30)
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Symphony No. 4 in B flat major (Op. 60): II. Adagio (00:03:03)
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Symphony No. 6 in F major, 'Pastoral' (Op. 68): II. Andante molto mosso (00:09:09)
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Symphony No. 2 in D major (Op. 36): II. Larghetto (00:12:16)
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Symphony No. 9 in D minor, 'Choral' (Op. 125): III. Adagio molto e cantabile - Andante moderato (00:12:53)
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Symphony No. 5 in C minor (Op. 67): IV. Allegro (00:22:35)
- Horikawa Ryō as Reinhard von Lohengramm
- Katsuki Masako as Hildegard von Mariendorf
- Tomiyama Kei as Yang Wen-li
- Sasaki Nozomu as Julian Mintz
- Sakakibara Yoshiko as Frederica Greenhill Yang
- Wakamoto Norio as Oskar von Reuenthal
- Keaton Yamada as Alex Cazerne
- Hazama Michio as Walter von Schönkopf
- Inoue Kazuhiko as Dusty Attemborough
- Matsuda Jūji as Rolf Otto Brauhitch
- Chō Katsumi as Dietrich Saucken
- Iida Michirō as Welner Aldringen
- Yasuhara Yoshito as Boris Konev
- Furukawa Toshio as Olivier Poplin
- Nakao Ryūsei as Louis Machungo
- Matsumoto Yasunori as Theodor von Rücke
- Tomita Kōsei as Alexandre Bewcock
- Dan Tomoyuki as Emerson
- Nakamura Shūsei as Francesck Romsky
- Mitsuishi Kotono as Katerose von Kreutzer
- Yara Yūsaku as Narrator
- Screenplay: Kawanaka Shimao
- Storyboard: Maejima Kenichi
- Episode director: Iwamoto Yasuo
- Animation director: Kitazaki Masahiro
- Mechanical animation director: Takahashi Hideki
'To El Facil'
|Legend of Galactic Heroes (OVA)
'The Prodigal Sons Come Home'