The Prodigal Sons Come Home (episode)
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
|'The Prodigal Sons Come Home'|
|LOGH: series 3, episode 16|
|January 800 UC (2 NIC / 491 IC / 3600 CE)|
|←||70th of 110 released in LOGH||→|
|←||73rd of 180 released in all||→|
The Prodigal Sons Come Home (Japanese: 蕩児たちの帰宅) is the 70th episode of the Legend of Galactic Heroes OVA.
All military campaigns for both the Free Planets Alliance and the New Galactic Empire are put on hold to celebrate the new year. Cornelius Lutz starts receiving multiple conflicting orders to launch from and remain at Iserlohn Fortress. Reinhard von Lohengramm is furious at Lutz's refusal to launch. On 12 January 800 UC (2 NIC / 491 IC / 3600 CE), Lutz finally launches with all his forces, hoping to sandwich the El Facil Revolutionary Reserve Force between his fleet and the Thor Hammer. The EFRRF disables the Thor Hammer with a previously encoded computer lock down code, and the Rosen Ritter successfully storms into Iserlohn. The defending Imperial infantry forces are superior in numbers, but not in skill or morale. The Rosen Ritter eventually enters a backup control room and fire the Thor Hammer at Lutz's returning fleet. Facing a widespread collapse in morale, the remaining Imperial forces in Iserlohn surrender. On 14 January 800 UC (2 NIC / 491 IC / 3600 CE), Iserlohn Fortress is once again under Yang Wen-li's control.
"For health and beauty, take a cup of tea after a meal."
- – Baghdash, reciting the code to lock down Iserlohn's defence systems
"One cup of Russian tea, not with jam, not with marmalade, but with honey."
- – Julian Mintz, reciting the code to unlock Iserlohn's defence systems
- Franz Schubert – Symphony No. 1 in D major (D. 82): I. Adagio - Allegro vivace (00:01:30)
- Franz Schubert – Symphony No. 2 in B flat major (D. 125): II. Andante (00:02:38)
- Franz Schubert – Symphony No. 4 in C minor, 'Tragic' (D. 417): I. Adagio molto - Allegro vivace (00:09:09)
- Franz Schubert – Symphony No. 2 in B flat major (D. 125): IV. Presto vivace (00:13:35)
- Franz Schubert – Symphony No. 1 in D major (D. 82): IV. Allegro vivace (00:14:34)
- Franz Schubert – Symphony No. 3 in D major (D. 200): IV. Presto vivace (00:19:05)
- Horikawa Ryō as Reinhard von Lohengramm
- Katsuki Masako as Hildegard von Mariendorf
- Sasaki Nozomu as Julian Mintz
- Wakamoto Norio as Oskar von Reuenthal
- Hori Katsunosuke as Cornelius Lutz
- Hazama Michio as Walter von Schönkopf
- Furukawa Toshio as Olivier Poplin
- Ueda Toshiya as Otto Wöhler
- Takemura Hiroshi as Holzbauer
- Hirata Yasuyuki as Gutensohn
- Kamiya Akira as Baghdash
- Nakao Ryūsei as Louis Machungo
- Naya Gorō as Willibald Joachim von Merkatz
- Totani Kōji as Arthur von Streit
- Tomiyama Kei as Yang Wen-li
- Yara Yūsaku as Narrator
- Screenplay: Kawanaka Shimao
- Storyboard: Hanyū Raisen
- Episode director: Kuroda Yasuhiro
- Animation director: Kayano Kyōko
- Mechanical animation director: Takahashi Hideki
'The Plan to Retake Iserlohn'
|Legend of Galactic Heroes (OVA)
'The Battle of Marr-Adetta Starzone (Part One)'