From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
Kikkoman Soy Sauce
Read the screen, especially towards the bottom: — Iracundus
- That is pretty funny, actually. I've attached a horizontally reversed version of the image as well, it also makes some even better references in addition to the soya sauce:
- The base's compliment seems to include 1024 'FT', 3 dogs, and 12 'cock'
- The base's armament includes a 'hyper smell bomb', a 'love-jet needle gun', 'crazy danc'n Yamada', and a 'fork cock gun'
- The 'corps' include the Beatles, the Presidents of the United States of America, the Yokohama BayStars, and the Warabi OS Theater's Dancing Team
- Their supplies include Pampers
- Will add to the main page later :) ♥ kine @ 23:12, 25 December 2011 (UTC)
Manly MenFound this the other day: Iracundus 10:46, 7 November 2011 (UTC)
Re: Gaiden + Electric Boogaloo
The 'electric boogaloo' pic is from 'The Mutineer' 4-episode arc, from Season 2 of the Gaiden. Its the crew of the destroyer Reinhard is serving on. They've taken off their clothes because its really hot. :) And yes, the animation in Season 2 of the Gaiden is inferior - this was Artland's first try at digital animation, and it didn't come off too well (you will have noticed it in the DVD release of the main series as well, replacing various horrible looking shots especially in Season 1 and 2). Season 1 of the Gaiden uses the same animation as the main series, and looks much better and less cheap as a result. Don't judge the Gaiden on Season 2's looks, trust me. Vympel 02:39, 8 October 2011 (UTC)
- Cheers. Yeah, i've watched the first arc or two of the first series of Gaiden and it was pretty alright. Not as intense as the main OVA obviously but otherwise decent. Everything (visually) about the digital-style episodes is awful though. Mediocre character design, terrible colours, poor detail, &c. It's quite disappointing, almost embarrassing really.
- oh well :/ ♥ kine @ 03:11, 8 October 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, its too bad, because whilst I don't like most of Gaiden Season 2 (Spiral Labyrinth:- BORING!!!) there's some decent stories in there that would've been better served by the original animation. Especially the 'Retriever' arc, which I found awesome. Actually - you have the BD raws? Of the Gaiden?! ZOMG, I need to get them for screenshots!!! Are they available online? Vympel 03:37, 8 October 2011 (UTC)
- I do, but by raws i mean, like, the actual full Blu-ray discs. (See here if you missed it) Also i could only find a handful of the discs, so it's maybe a dozen or two episodes max. I'm working on making them screenshot-friendly, will message you on the forum when they're ready :) ♥ kine @ 05:39, 8 October 2011 (UTC)
- Yup, I definitely did miss that. I've been considering ordering BD rips for a while, but they're so expensive and ripping them is beyond my meagre capabilities. I'll put something on staff discussion shortly! Vympel 05:47, 8 October 2011 (UTC)