The Urvashi Incident (episode)
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
|'The Urvashi Incident'|
|LOGH: series 4, episode 92|
|October 800 UC (2 NIC / 491 IC / 3600 CE)|
|←||92nd of 110 released in LOGH||→|
|←||95th of 180 released in all||→|
The Urvashi Incident (Japanese: ウルヴァシー事件) is the 92nd episode of the Legend of Galactic Heroes OVA.
Julian Mintz answers complaints in Iserlohn Fortress. While en route to Heinessen, Reinhard von Lohengramm stops by the planet Uruvasi to pay respects to the Imperial war dead commemorated there. During the night of the same day, the guards around the guest house prepared for him act erratically. Cornelius Lutz, Neidhart Müller, and Reinhard's personal guards escape via car with a regiment of soldiers in pursuit. In the woods, Reinhard's entourage is attacked by soldiers and snipers. Eventually they meet up with the supreme flagship Brünhild. Lutz stays behind to hold off the pursuing soldiers and is killed in the process. Boris Konev brings to Iserlohn the news of the events that transpired in Uruvasi up to Reinhard's escape with only his flagship. Julian seeks the advice of Willibald Joachim von Merkatz on Oskar von Reuenthal's possible plans.
"Julian Mintz was a performer, not a composer; he was a translator, not a writer. He himself wanted to be that way and indeed became the most proficient performer and translator. He never once hid his model; there's no reason he should be called a plagiariser. There is no great music that could impress the audience without ever being performed."
- – Dusty Attemborough, rebutting against Julian Mintz's critics
"Shoot me! There is only one Reinhard von Lohengramm and there is only one man whose name will be remembered for killing me. Who wants to be that man?"
- – Reinhard von Lohengramm, challenging a group of rebelling soldiers
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Symphony No. 39 in E flat major (K. 543): II. Andante con moto (00:02:40)
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Symphony No. 4 in B flat major (Op. 60): I. Adagio - Allegro vivace (00:05:32)
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Symphony No. 26 in E flat major (K. 184/161a): I. Molto presto (00:07:48)
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Symphony No. 6 in F major, 'Pastoral' (Op. 68): IV. Allegro (00:09:07)
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Symphony No. 34 in C major (K. 338): I. Allegro vivace (00:11:01)
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Symphony No. 5 in C minor (Op. 67): III. Scherzo: Allegro (00:12:07)
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Symphony No. 5 in C minor (Op. 67): IV. Allegro (00:14:30)
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Symphony No. 5 in C minor (Op. 67): II. Andante con moto (00:18:35)
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Symphony No. 25 in G minor (K. 183/173dB): I. Allegro con brio (00:19:52)
- Richard Wagner – Parsifal (WWV 111): Good Friday Music (00:21:03)
- Christoph Willibald Gluck – Iphigénie en Aulide: Overture (00:23:50)
- Reinhard's stand-off against the rebelling soldiers is reminiscent of Napoleon's stand-off against the troops sent to intercept him after his escape from Elba on 7 March 1815.
- Horikawa Ryō as Reinhard von Lohengramm
- Sasaki Nozomu as Julian Mintz
- Hori Katsunosuke as Cornelius Lutz
- Mizushima Yū as Neidhart Müller
- Hazama Michio as Walter von Schönkopf
- Inoue Kazuhiko as Dusty Attemborough
- Furukawa Toshio as Olivier Poplin
- Hashimoto Kōichi as Günther Kisling
- Matsumoto Yasunori as Theodor von Rücke
- Okiayu Ryōtarō as Emil von Selle
- Naya Gorō as Willibald Joachim von Merkatz
- Yara Yūsaku as Narrator
- Screenplay: Kawanaka Shimao
- Storyboard: Shimizu Keizō
- Episode director: Mano Akira
- Animation director: Suzuki Shinichi
|Legend of Galactic Heroes (OVA)
'In the Name of Pride'