To Earth (episode)
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
|LOGH: series 3, episode 2|
|June 799 UC (1 NIC / 490 IC / 3599 CE)|
|←||56th of 110 released in LOGH||→|
|←||59th of 165 released in all||→|
To Earth (Japanese: 地球へ) is the 56th episode of the Legend of Galactic Heroes OVA.
On the long trip to Terra, Julian Mintz and Olivier Poplin review the history of Terra, formerly known as Earth. The documentary starts with the Thirteen Day War between two Earth superpower coalitions, the United States of Eurafrica and the Northern Condominium in 2039 CE, which involved a worldwide nuclear exchange. After the nuclear apocalypse, an extended period of strife and chaos occurred and peace was only restored in 2129 CE with the unification of Earth under the United Earth Government. Following unification, humanity expanded into space, which was greatly boosted after the invention and perfection of the faster-than-light capable warp drive in 2391 CE. However, the lack of autonomy to colonies, unequal economic policies, and tyranny from the Earth government culminated in multiple uprisings and human rights violations. The end of these chaotic conflicts eventually led to the formation of the Galactic Federation in 2801 CE (1 UC) and Earth being forgotten.
- Frédéric Chopin – Berceuse in D flat major (Op. 57) (00:01:30)
- Frédéric Chopin – Étude in C minor, 'Revolutionary' (Op. 10, No. 12) (00:24:15)
- Sasaki Nozomu as Julian Mintz
- Furukawa Toshio as Olivier Poplin
- Sasahara Dai as Ibn Sherma
- Kusaka Takeshi as Voice in documentary
- Screenplay: Kawanaka Shimao
- Storyboard: Watanabe Takashi
- Episode director: Tokoro Toshikatsu
- Animation director: Matsumoto Fumio
- Mechanical animation director: Masutate Toshihide
'After the Ceremony, the Curtain Rises Again...'
|Legend of Galactic Heroes (OVA)
'The Kümmel Incident'