The Kümmel Incident (episode)
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
|'The Kümmel Incident'|
|LOGH: series 3, episode 3|
|July 799 UC (1 NIC / 490 IC / 3599 CE)|
|←||57th of 110 released in LOGH||→|
|←||60th of 180 released in all||→|
The Kümmel Incident (Japanese: キュンメル事件) is the 57th episode of the Legend of Galactic Heroes OVA.
Kaiser Reinhard von Lohengramm announces his new cabinet. Through a personal favour to Count Franz von Mariendorf, the new Minister of State, Reinhard agrees to visit his terminally ill nephew Baron Heinrich von Kümmel. During the lunch reception at the Kümmel estate, it is revealed that Kümmel and the Terraist Church had filled the underground chamber beneath the courtyard where the reception is held with explosive Seffle particles. Kümmel, holding a trigger that will detonate the Seffle particles, effectively holds Reinhard and his staff as hostages. Job Trunicht leaks information about the Terraist assassination plot to the Chief of Military Police Ulrich Kesler. Kesler then immediately deploys the military police to ensure the safety of Reinhard as well as to suppress the Terraists in Odin. Reinhard manages to knock away the trigger from Kümmel after a brief scuffle. Kümmel then dies due to his illness. The Mariendorfs are placed under house arrest. On 10 July 799 UC (1 NIC / 490 IC / 3599 CE), Julian Mintz and his companions aboard The Undutiness arrive on Terra, which is the same day the Empire decides to suppress Terra by force.
"There is great satisfaction in fighting for the sake of gaining power, but it is joyless to fight for the sake of maintaining it."
- – Reinhard von Lohengramm
"Religion is a convenient thing for those in power. There's no more effective tool for dominating the populace."
- – Boris Konev, to Julian Mintz and Olivier Poplin
"But from my viewpoint, the love which is preached by the Terraist Church isn't for the planet named Terra."
"So, what do you mean?"
"They must only be using Terra to revive the privileges which their own ancestors possessed. If they really loved Terra, they would not be getting involved in war, or power struggles."
- – Olivier Poplin and Louis Machungo
- Modest Mussorgsky – Pictures at an Exhibition [Ravel arrangement]: Promenade (00:01:29)
- Joseph Haydn – Symphony No. 49 in F minor, 'La Passione' (Hob. I/49): I. Adagio (00:05:03)
- Modest Mussorgsky – Pictures at an Exhibition [Ravel arrangement]: I. Gnomus (00:12:21)
- Modest Mussorgsky – Night on Bald Mountain [Rimsky-Korsakov arrangement] (00:13:42)
- Antonín Dvořák – Othello Overture (Op. 93/B. 174) (00:16:44)
- Modest Mussorgsky – Pictures at an Exhibition [Ravel arrangement]: IX. Izbushka na kuryikh nozhkakh (Baba-Yagá) (00:20:17)
- Horikawa Ryō as Reinhard von Lohengramm
- Katsuki Masako as Hildegard von Mariendorf
- Sasaki Nozomu as Julian Mintz
- Shiozawa Kaneto as Paul von Oberstein
- Mitsuya Yūji as Heinrich von Kümmel
- Nakamura Tadashi as Franz von Mariendorf
- Furukawa Toshio as Olivier Poplin
- Nakao Ryūsei as Louis Machungo
- Ikeda Shūichi as Ulrich Kesler
- Okabe Masaaki as August Samuel Wahlen
- Noda Keiichi as Fritz Joseph Bittenfeld
- Totani Kōji as Arthur von Streit
- Yasuhara Yoshito as Boris Konev
- Hashimoto Kōichi as Günther Kisling
- Matsumoto Yasunori as Theodor von Rücke
- Nakamura Hidetoshi as Raft
- Itō Eiji as Paumann
- Bandō Naoki as Welner
- Ishizuka Unshō as Job Trunicht
- Yara Yūsaku as Narrator
- Screenplay: Kawanaka Shimao
- Storyboard: Hanyū Raisen
- Episode director: Hanyū Raisen
- Animation director: Kayano Kyōko
- Mechanical animation director: Takahashi Hideki
|Legend of Galactic Heroes (OVA)