Amritsar (DNT episode)
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
|DNT: series 2, episode 1|
|October 796 UC (487 IC / 3596 CE)|
|←||13th of 24 released in DNT||→|
|←||178th of 189 released in all||→|
Amritsar (Japanese: アムリッツァ) is the 13th episode of Legend of Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These.
The Alliance 3rd, 5th, 8th, 9th and 13th fleets regroup in the Amritsar Starzone to make a last stand. Facing against overwhelming odds, defeat is almost certain for the Alliance. However, during the ensuing Battle of Amritsar, Fritz Joseph Bittenfeld, commander of the Black Lancers, in his haste to conclude the battle, overextends his fleet and leaves it vulnerable to Alliance counterattack. Seizing the opportunity, the 13th Fleet manage to severely damage the Black Lancers, rendering it too weak to hold the line in the subsequent Imperial encirclement of the Alliance fleets. In the end, the Alliance fleets manage to escape the encirclement and retreat in good order.
Despite that, the expedition to invade the Galactic Empire is overall an unmitigated disaster for the Free Planets Alliance, and the entire Alliance High Council resigns as a result to take responsibility for the defeat. However, Job Trunicht, by virtue of having voted against the expedition, is appointed as the interim head of the government. As for the military, Fleet Admiral Sidney Sithole and Lassalle Lobos resign from their positions and are replaced respectively by Admirals Kubersly and Alexandre Bewcock. Admiral Dwight Greenhill and Rear Admiral Alex Cazerne are both withdrawn from front-line positions, with the latter relegated to a frontier system. Commodore Andrew Falk is withdrawn from active service. Finally, Yang Wen-li is promoted to Admiral and is appointed as the commander of Iserlohn Fortress.
Meanwhile in the Galactic Empire, Kaiser Friedrich IV passes away suddenly.
- Miyano Mamoru as Reinhard von Lohengramm
- Suzumura Kenichi as Yang Wen-li
- Umehara Yūichirō as Siegfried Kircheis
- Suwabe Junichi as Paul von Oberstein
- Ishihara Bon as Alexandre Bewcock
- Ōtsuka Hōchū as Murai
- Endō Aya as Frederica Greenhill
- Ishikawa Kaito as Dusty Attenborough
- Iwasaki Masami as Fyodor Patrichev
- Kiyama Shigeo as Eugen
- Inada Tetsu as Fritz Joseph Bittenfeld
- Ono Daisuke as Wolfgang Mittermeyer
- Nakamura Yūichi as Oskar von Reuenthal
- Sumi Takahiro as Armsdorf
- Fukunishi Masaya as Operator
- Sakuma Motoki as Operator
- Iwasaki Ryōta as Radio operator
- Koinuma Yūki as Radio operator
- Shimoyama Yoshimitsu as Narrator
- Screenplay: Tanimura Taishirō
- Storyboard: Kawasaki Itsurō
- Episode director: Tada Shunsuke
- Animation director: Kubota Yasutaka, Sobu Yūko, Tsushima Kei, Kikuchi Yōko and Gotō Takayuki
'The Verge of Death (Part Two)'
|Legend of Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These
'Demise of the Emperor'