The Castrop Rebellion (DNT episode)
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
This article is about the Die Neue These episode. For the similarly titled OVA episode, see The Castrop Rebellion (episode).
|'The Castrop Rebellion'|
|DNT: series 1, episode 8|
|796 UC (487 IC / 3596 CE)|
|←||8th of 15 released in DNT||→|
|←||173rd of 180 released in all||→|
The Castrop Rebellion (Japanese: カストロプ動乱) is the 8th episode of Legend of Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These - Encounter.
Maximilian von Castrop, son of the late Duke Eugen von Castrop, rebels against the Empire in an attempt to retain the ill-gotten gains embezzled by his father during his tenure as minister of finance. In response, Siegfried Kircheis is assigned to put down the rebellion. This assignment, proposed by Reinhard von Lohengramm himself, causes some disquiet amongst his newly-gathered subordinate fleet commanders. However, their concerns over undue favouritism are quickly dispelled when Kircheis succeeds in suppressing the rebellion while facing a numerical disadvantage within ten days and with zero casualties, save for Castrop himself, who ends up being murdered by his own subordinates. For his efforts, Kircheis is promoted to the rank of Vice Admiral.
Meanwhile, news of the Alliance capture of Iserlohn Fortress reaches the Imperial capital Odin. Paul von Oberstein, a staff officer of the Iserlohn garrison fleet commander Admiral Hans Dietrich von Seeckt, turns to Reinhard for aid before he can be court-martialled for deserting his superior officer right before the latter perished in a doomed suicide charge against the captured fortress. Oberstein appeals to Reinhard's ambitions, claiming that he can assist the latter in overthrowing the Goldenbaum Dynasty, which he personally detests. Reinhard accepts his plea, and secures his freedom by persuading Kaiser Friedrich IV to demonstrate leniency and turn down the resignations of the three chiefs of the Imperial Armed Forces, which in turn makes it impossible for any punishment to be levied against Oberstein.
- Miyano Mamoru as Reinhard von Lohengramm
- Umehara Yūichirō as Siegfried Kircheis
- Suwabe Junichi as Paul von Oberstein
- Yoshino Takahiro as Maximilian von Castrop
- Inaba Minoru as Friedrich IV
- Oka Kazuo as Klaus von Lichtenlade
- Ono Daisuke as Wolfgang Mittermeyer
- Nakamura Yūichi as Oskar von Reuenthal
- Naka Yōsuke as Ehrenberg
- Ōtomo Ryūzaburō as Steinhof
- Sawaki Ikuya as Gregor von Mückenberger
- Hiwatari Kōji as Hans Eduard Bergengrün
- Nishijima Yōichi as Volker Axel von Bülow
- Inada Tetsu as Fritz Joseph Bittenfeld
- Yasumoto Hiroki as Karl Gustav Kempff
- Nojima Hirofumi as Cornelius Lutz
- Egawa Hisao as August Samuel Wahlen
- Ōba Mahito as Ernest Mecklinger
- Tanaka Masahiko as Franz von Mariendorf
- Sekiguchi Eiji as Weitz
- Iwasaki Ryōta as Imperial radio operator
- Mizuhara Shinya as Signaller
- Matsuda Shūhei as Officer
- Shimotsuki Yukari as Trooper
- Shimoyama Yoshimitsu as Narrator
- Screenplay: Nemoto Toshizō
- Storyboard: Kaneko Shingo
- Episode director: Komurakata Kōji
- Animation director: Production I.G Niigata Studio, Shimozuma Hisako, Niino Ryōta and Sobu Yūko
'The Capture of Iserlohn (Part Two)'
|Legend of Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These
'Each Person's Star'