The Magician Doesn't Come Back (episode)
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
|'The Magician Doesn't Come Back'|
|LOGH: series 3, episode 28|
|June 800 UC (2 NIC / 491 IC / 3600 CE)|
|←||82nd of 110 released in LOGH||→|
|←||85th of 165 released in all||→|
The Magician Doesn't Come Back (Japanese: 魔術師、還らず) is the 82nd episode of the Legend of Galactic Heroes OVA.
Reinhard von Lohengramm confides to Hildegard von Mariendorf that his memories of Siegfried Kircheis motivated him towards the calling of peace talks. Yang Wen-li discusses the situation with his staff. The death of Edwin Fischer basically cut off the legs from Yang's fleet, rendering any resumption of hostilities an act of suicide. Yang decides to accept the peace talks. Yang leaves Iserlohn Fortress on board the cruiser Leda II with minimal military personnel and the politicians from El Facil. Andrew Falk's commandeered ship finds the Leda II en route to the Imperial fleet. Two Imperial destroyers behind Falk fire on his ship, killing him. Back in Iserlohn, Yang's staff receives word of an assassination attempt by Falk. The Imperial destroyers request a meeting with Yang. The crew of those ships are in reality Terraists in disguise. Fyodor Patrichev and many others are killed defending Yang. Walter von Schönkopf, leading the Rosen Ritter, arrives on Leda II. Yang is shot in the leg. 1 June 800 UC (2 NIC / 491 IC / 3600 CE): Yang Wen-li dies from blood loss at the age of 33.
"In the end, only a ghost made possible the thing that no one else was able to do."
- – Hildegard von Mariendorf
"I'm sorry, Frederica. I'm sorry, Julian. I'm sorry, everyone."
- – Yang Wen-li, in his dying moments
- Johannes Brahms – Symphony No. 2 in D major (Op. 73): II. Adagio non troppo (00:02:45)
- Sergei Rachmaninoff – Piano Concerto No. 3 in D minor (Op. 30): I. Allegro ma non tanto (00:08:15)
- Johannes Brahms – Symphony No. 3 in F major (Op. 90): IV. Allegro (00:09:46)
- Johannes Brahms – Symphony No. 3 in F major (Op. 90): II. Andante (00:12:37)
- Dmitri Shostakovich – Symphony No. 8 in C minor (Op. 65): I. Adagio - Allegro non troppo (00:13:56)
- Dmitri Shostakovich – Symphony No. 8 in C minor (Op. 65): III. Allegro non troppo (00:17:58)
- Dmitri Shostakovich – Symphony No. 8 in C minor (Op. 65): II. Allegretto (00:20:24)
- Anton Bruckner – Symphony No. 9 in D minor (WAB 109): I. Feierlich, misterioso (00:24:10)
- The book Magic of Summer that Yang was reading on board the Leda II is an actual novel (夏の魔術, Natsu no Majutsu) written by Tanaka Yoshiki and published by Tokuma Shoten in 1988.
- Tomiyama Kei as Yang Wen-li
- Sakakibara Yoshiko as Frederica Greenhill Yang
- Sasaki Nozomu as Julian Mintz
- Horikawa Ryō as Reinhard von Lohengramm
- Katsuki Masako as Hildegard von Mariendorf
- Hazama Michio as Walter von Schönkopf
- Inoue Kazuhiko as Dusty Attemborough
- Keaton Yamada as Alex Cazerne
- Aono Takeshi as Murai
- Wakamoto Norio as Oskar von Reuenthal
- Mori Katsuji as Wolfgang Mittermeyer
- Shiozawa Kaneto as Paul von Oberstein
- Shioya Kōzō as Fyodor Patrichev
- Nanba Keiichi as Rainer Blumhardt
- Furukawa Toshio as Olivier Poplin
- Nakamura Shūsei as Francesck Romsky
- Furuya Tōru as Andrew Falk
- Yasuhara Yoshito as Boris Konev
- Meguro Kōsuke as Bernhard von Schneider
- Ono Kenichi as Soun Soulszzcuaritter
- Matsuo Yoshiko as Hortense Cazerne
- Amano Yuri as Charlotte Phyllis Cazerne
- Yara Yūsaku as Narrator
- Screenplay: Kawanaka Shimao
- Storyboard: Maejima Kenichi
- Episode director: Maejima Kenichi
- Animation director: Kayano Kyōko
- Mechanical animation director: Takahashi Hideki
'The Battle of the Corridor: End of the Campaign'
|Legend of Galactic Heroes (OVA)
'After the Festival'