The Battle of the Corridor: End of the Campaign (episode)
From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
|'The Battle of the Corridor: End of the Campaign'|
|LOGH: series 3, episode 27|
|May 800 UC (2 NIC / 491 IC / 3600 CE)|
|←||81st of 110 released in LOGH||→|
|←||84th of 189 released in all||→|
The Battle of the Corridor: End of the Campaign (Japanese: 回廊の戦い（後編）〜大親征の終幕〜) is the 81st episode of the Legend of Galactic Heroes OVA.
The Battle of the Corridor resumes. The Imperial Fleet adopts a tactic of attrition via rotating its superior numbers on the front-line. The fleets under Neidhart Müller, Ernst von Eisenach, Wolfgang Mittermeyer's subordinates and Fritz Joseph Bittenfeld engage the El Facil Revolutionary Reserve Force consecutively in shifts. Yang Wen-li's fleet, numbering less that 20,000 ships by this stage, has to fight on with no rotations in manpower. Bittenfeld's elite forces manage to deal a fatal blow to the EFRRF unknowingly by killing in battle Edwin Fischer, an expert in fleet manoeuvres who has been responsible for bringing Yang's tactical brilliance into fruition. Reinhard von Lohengramm passes out from sickness. A ceasefire is announced. The EFRRF returns to Iserlohn Fortress.
"In other words, people follow people, but not necessarily ideals or institutions."
- – Yang Wen-li
"How do you plan to respond to the Imperial Fleet?"
"My brain cells have become milk and oatmeal, so I can't think now. Right now, just let me get some rest."
- – Julian Mintz and Yang Wen-li, on Reinhard's peace talk offer
"Whoever wakes me up will be executed by firing squad for the crime of anti-revolution..."
- – Dusty Attemborough, after the Battle of the Corridor
- Anton Bruckner – Symphony No. 9 in D minor (WAB 109): III. Adagio. Langsam, feierlich (00:01:29)
- Dmitri Shostakovich – Symphony No. 6 in B minor (Op. 54): III. Presto (00:03:39)
- Dmitri Shostakovich – Symphony No. 6 in B minor (Op. 54): II. Allegro (00:08:29)
- Johannes Brahms – Symphony No. 3 in F major (Op. 90): IV. Allegro (00:09:57)
- Dmitri Shostakovich – Symphony No. 10 in E minor (Op. 93): IV. Andante - Allegro (00:10:43)
- Dmitri Shostakovich – Symphony No. 10 in E minor (Op. 93): II. Allegro (00:13:15)
- Antonín Dvořák – Symphony No. 5 in F major (Op. 76/B. 54): II. Andante con moto (00:16:54)
- Anton Bruckner – Symphony No. 9 in D minor (WAB 109): II. Scherzo. Bewegt, lebhaft - Trio: Schnell (00:19:20)
- Johannes Brahms – Symphony No. 3 in F major (Op. 90): IV. Allegro (00:23:05)
- Horikawa Ryō as Reinhard von Lohengramm
- Katsuki Masako as Hildegard von Mariendorf
- Tomiyama Kei as Yang Wen-li
- Sakakibara Yoshiko as Frederica Greenhill Yang
- Sasaki Nozomu as Julian Mintz
- Wakamoto Norio as Oskar von Reuenthal
- Mori Katsuji as Wolfgang Mittermeyer
- Suzuki Taimei as Edwin Fischer
- Aono Takeshi as Murai
- Shioya Kōzō as Fyodor Patrichev
- Hazama Michio as Walter von Schönkopf
- Inoue Kazuhiko as Dusty Attemborough
- Keaton Yamada as Alex Cazerne
- Noda Keiichi as Fritz Joseph Bittenfeld
- Murayama Akira as Volker Axel von Bülow
- Sakuraba Yūji as Schaudinn
- Kitajima Junji as Eugen
- Okiayu Ryōtarō as Emil von Selle
- Furukawa Toshio as Olivier Poplin
- Meguro Kōsuke as Bernhard von Schneider
- Arakawa Tarō as Marino
- Kameyama Sukekiyo as Lao
- Naya Gorō as Willibald Joachim von Merkatz
- Yara Yūsaku as Narrator
- Screenplay: Kawanaka Shimao
- Storyboard: Yokoda Kazu
- Episode director: Okajima Kunitoshi
- Animation director: Shimosaka Hideo
- Mechanical animation director: Hamatsu Takehiro
'The Battle of the Corridor: Kaleidoscope'
|Legend of Galactic Heroes (OVA)
'The Magician Doesn't Come Back'