From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
Commodore Marino (799 UC (1 NIC / 490 IC / 3599 CE))
|Affiliation:||Free Planets Alliance|
|Played by:||Arakawa Taro|
By April 796 UC (487 IC / 3596 CE), Marino had achieved the rank of captain, and was given command of the flagship of the newly formed 13th Fleet, the Hyperion. He served in this capacity during Yang Wen-li's capture of Iserlohn Fortress, as well as the Battle of Amritsar. He was also present for Yang's retaking of the planet Heinessen at the end of the Alliance Civil War. (LOGH: 'The Rosen Ritter', 'The Battle of Amritsar Starzone', 'Victory for Whose Sake?')
In February 799 UC (1 NIC / 490 IC / 3599 CE), Marino was replaced as captain of the Hyperion by Commander Asadora Chartian. In order to better assist Yang in fighting against the Galactic Empire, which had invaded Alliance territory earlier that year, Marino was promoted to commodore and given command of his own flagship, the Muffuese, and a squadron under the Yang Fleet. (LOGH: 'The Darkness Before Dawn', 'The Battle of Vermilion (Part Two)')
- 'The Rosen Ritter' (first appearance)
- 'Iserlohn Captured!'
- 'The Battle of Amritsar Starzone'
- 'Before the Storm'
- 'Victory for Whose Sake?'
- 'War Without Weapons'
- 'The Return'
- 'Admiral Yang's Ark Fleet'
- 'The Battle of Vermilion (Part One)'
- 'The Battle of Vermilion (Part Two)'
- 'Sudden Change'
- 'Spring Storm'
- 'The Battle of the Corridor: Kaleidoscope'
- 'The Battle of the Corridor: End of the Campaign'
- 'The Magician Doesn't Come Back'
- 'New Government in August'
- 'In the Distant Frontier'
- 'The Two Great Ones Strike at Each Other!'
- 'Invitation to Rebellion'
- 'Towards Peace, Through Bloodshed'
- Marino (LD/DVD subtitles)
- マリノ (LD/DVD subtitles)
Marino's rank was mistranslated as rear admiral in the CentralAnime subtitles for the DVD edition of 'The Battle of Vermilion (Part Two)'; the original Japanese subtitles indicate he was in fact a commodore.