From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
Hortense Cazerne (799 UC (1 NIC / 490 IC / 3599 CE))
El Facil Revolutionary Government (former)
Free Planets Alliance (former)
|Status:||Alive (801 UC (3 NIC / 492 IC / 3601 CE))|
|Children:||Charlotte Phyllis Cazerne,|
|Played by:||Matsuo Yoshiko|
Hortense Cazerne (Japanese: オルタンス・キャゼルヌ), née Milbelle (Japanese: ミルベール), was the wife of Alex Cazerne.
Hortense was the daughter of an Alliance soldier. She fell in love with one of her father's former subordinates, Alex Cazerne, and moved in with him in late 788 UC (479 IC / 3588 CE) before marrying on 25 February 789 UC (480 IC / 3589 CE). (SL: 'The End of One Journey', 'The Journey in Search of the Exit')
During the occupation of Heinessen following the Alliance's defeat in the Alliance–Imperial War, Hortense offered to give cooking lessons to the newly-wed Frederica Greenhill Yang. She also frequently sent her daughter, Charlotte Phyllis Cazerne, to the Yang household with home-made dinners and those meals often contained correspondence between Yang and Alex. (LOGH: 'Past, Present, and Future')
- 'New Trends' (first appearance)
- 'The Yang Fleet Goes Out'
- 'One Narrow Thread'
- 'After the Ceremony, the Curtain Rises Again...'
- 'Past, Present, and Future'
- 'The Edict of the Winter Rose Garden'
- 'Spring Storm'
- 'The Battle of the Corridor: End of the Campaign'
- 'The Magician Doesn't Come Back'
- 'After the Festival'
- 'New Government in August'
- 'Running Start Towards the Future'
- 'Cosmic Mosaic'
- Hortense Cazerne (DVD/BD subtitles)
- Hortance Cazellnu (LD subtitles)
- オルタンス・キャゼルヌ (LD/DVD subtitles — Japanese)
Hortense is a Latin-derived French name which means "gardener".