From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
The flagship Krishna (796 UC (487 IC / 3596 CE))
|Affiliation:||Free Planets Alliance|
|Flag officer:||Vice Admiral Appleton|
|Type:||Ajax class flagship|
|Purpose:||Flagship (8th Fleet)|
|Armament:||60 forward neutron beam cannons|
75 port cannons
75 starboard cannons
|Status:||Destroyed in combat|
|Destroyed:||16 October 796 UC (487 IC / 3596 CE)|
The Krishna led the 8th Fleet in the Alliance invasion of Imperial territory in 796 UC (487 IC / 3596 CE). With Alliance forces suffering from a supply shortage due to Imperial attacks on their supply lines, the 8th Fleet was attacked by the Mecklinger Fleet in the Wänsteidt Starzone. The 8th Fleet managed to escape and regroup with the remaining Alliance fleet at the Amritsar Starzone, in close orbit of the Amritsar star. When the Imperial fleet arrived, the 8th Fleet came under attack from the Black Lancers. The Krishna's engine room was damaged and the vessel was unable to maintain orbit. The crew evacuated, but Vice Admiral Appleton decided to remain with his ship as it fell into the star. (LOGH: 'The Battle of Amritsar Starzone')
Port bow (796 UC (487 IC / 3596 CE))
Bridge (796 UC (487 IC / 3596 CE))
- Krishna (DVD subtitles)
- Kulishuna (LD subtitles)
- クリシュナ (LD/DVD subtitles — Japanese)
Krishna is a central figure in Hinduism.
The Krishna was designed to focus on firepower, and with 60 frontal cannons and 75 secondary cannons on each side, it had the most guns and firepower of any Ajax class flagship.
In its first refit, its defensive capabilities were strengthened and the Spartanian hangars were removed. Its long range sensor ability was increased with its second refit, with the fitting of new gravimetric sensors for testing. (Data Book: Mechanic & Seiyū Encyclopaedia, p. 168)
The Krishna's service history is included in the Data Book: Mechanic & Seiyū Encyclopaedia, p. 119:
- March 784 UC (475 IC / 3584 CE) — Work completed at the Jamshid Central Shipyard
- 1 April 784 UC (475 IC / 3584 CE) — Inducted as flagship of the 8th Fleet
- March 790 UC (481 IC / 3590 CE) — First refit. Strengthening of defensive features and removal of Spartanian hangars.
- April 795 UC (486 IC / 3595 CE) — Second refit. Long range sensor ability increased with installation of newly designed gravimetric sensors for testing.
- 16 October 796 UC (487 IC / 3596 CE) — Engaged the enemy at the Battle of Amritsar and was destroyed.
- 1 December 796 UC (487 IC / 3596 CE) — Name struck from the register
A sketch of the Krishna appears in the extra features of the DVD box set.
|Abai Geser • Achilleus • Airget lamh • Ajax • Bang-goo • Belenus • Brigitte • Cu Chulainn • Diomedes • Epimetheus • Gora-Daileng • Grand Canal • Gumeiya • Hard Luck • Hyperion • Krishna • Leonidas • Leonidas II • Lugeilan • Marduk • Masasoite • Maurya • Muffuese • Palamedes • Patoroklos • Pergamonn • Perun • Quetzalcoatl • Rio Grande • RK-387 • Rustam • Santa Isabel • Shiva • Tlahuixcalpantecuhtli • Triglav • Ulysses • Vivasvat|