From Gineipaedia, the Legend of Galactic Heroes wiki
The flagship Quetzalcoatl (796 UC (487 IC / 3596 CE))
|Affiliation:||Free Planets Alliance|
|Flag officer:||Vice Admiral Hawood|
|Type:||Ajax class flagship|
|Purpose:||Flagship (7th Fleet)|
The Quetzalcoatl participated in the Alliance invasion of Imperial territory in 796 UC (487 IC / 3596 CE). Low on supplies, the 7th Fleet was attacked by the Kircheis Fleet in the Dverger System and encircled. Vice Admiral Hawood accepted Vice Admiral Kircheis' surrender recommendation, and the Quetzalcoatl presumably fell into Imperial hands. (LOGH: 'The Battle of Amritsar Starzone')
Quetzalcoatl is a Mesoamerican deity.
The Quetzalcoatl was constructed with a focus on long range firepower. It had an enlarged and extended prow weapon section to accommodate the mechanisms of the 40 long range neutron beam cannons that formed its main armament. Fire control also used a large calibre laser sensor located just in front of the bridge for aiding long range targeting and accuracy. Expert opinion estimated longest effective range was as great as 40 light seconds, which if true would make it the largest long ranged Alliance ship. (Data Book: Mechanic & Seiyū Encyclopaedia, p. 118)
The Quetzalcoatl's service history is included in the Data Book: Mechanic & Seiyū Encyclopaedia, p. 118:
- October 783 UC (474 IC / 3583 CE) — Work completed at the Elgon Number 1 Shipyard
- 1 November 783 UC (474 IC / 3583 CE) — Inducted as flagship of the 7th Fleet
- January 790 UC (481 IC / 3590 CE) — First refit. Refit of engine section.
- March 795 UC (486 IC / 3595 CE) — Second refit. Large scale refit which took 6 months. Fire control system refitted. Increase in side secondary weapons. Large changes in outward appearance.
- 13 October 796 UC (487 IC / 3596 CE) — Engaged the enemy, then surrendered. Subsequent whereabouts unknown.
- 1 December 796 UC (487 IC / 3596 CE) — Name struck from the register
A sketch of the Quetzalcoatl appears in the extra features of the DVD box set.
|Abai Geser • Achilleus • Airget lamh • Ajax • Bang-goo • Belenus • Brigitte • Cu Chulainn • Diomedes • Epimetheus • Gora-Daileng • Grand Canal • Gumeiya • Hard Luck • Hyperion • Krishna • Leonidas • Leonidas II • Lugeilan • Marduk • Masasoite • Maurya • Muffuese • Palamedes • Patoroklos • Pergamonn • Perun • Quetzalcoatl • Rio Grande • RK-387 • Rustam • Santa Isabel • Shiva • Tlahuixcalpantecuhtli • Triglav • Ulysses • Vivasvat|